Saturday 13 August 2011

key examples (furthering my ideas of visual presentation and processing)

Today I found a very exciting example by Muf architects on their blog: http://mufarchitectureart.blogspot.com/2008/04/date-tuesday-25.html. They have observed and documented a 19th century, condemned spoil pit called the Beckton Alp, in London. Firstly areas of interest were identified, then human activity in each area, signs of human activity (rubbish, etc), animal presence and human presence according to different weather conditions (see images below).


This puts into practice my idea about documenting found objects at certain locations along Oakley creek. I could tell how the creek is used in different places by what was found there (rubbish, insects, plant-life, animal-life, etc). I would have a 'master map' of the chosen locations, and detail each place in section. These sections juxtaposed would build an idea of what it would be like to selectively boat along the river, and would have implications to place. I would communicate the change of place through recording found unnatural objects (signaling human activity), plant and animal life, as I followed Oakley Creek.




No comments:

Post a Comment